This Terms of Usage is updated as of May 17, 2018.
This privacy notice provides you with information on how I collect and process your personal data through your use of the Magical Experiments website.
By providing me with your data, you warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
Taylor Ellwood is the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data.
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Full name of legal entity: Taylor Ellwood
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let me know if your personal information changes by emailing me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data collected, for what purposes and how its used
Personal data is any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
The following categories of personal data may be processed about you:
– Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on this website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send to me. I use this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. My lawful ground for this usage is for legitimate interests which in this case is to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
– Customer Data includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. I use this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. My lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and I and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
– User Data includes data about how you use this website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on my website or through other online services. I use this data to operate my website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, as well as insuring the security of this website.
– Technical Data includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from the analytics tracking system that comes with this site. This data is used to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, and provide relevant website content to you a
– Marketing Data includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and your communication preferences. I use this data to provide you content as well as advertise service and products that may be of interest to you.
I may use all of the above data to deliver relevant website content to you.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How data is collected
I may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to me by cmmenting on a blog post or filling out forms to subscribe to my e-list. I may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies.
I may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, I may send you marketing communications from me if you make a purchase or asked for information about my goods or services or if you agree to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications.
Before I share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes I will get your express consent.
You can ask me or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you OR by emailing me at email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I do not share your personal data unless its with the following:
– Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
– Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
– Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
– Collections agencies for collecting failed payments from customers
Countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) do not always offer the same levels of protection to your personal data, so European law has prohibited transfers of personal data outside of the EEA unless the transfer meets certain criteria.
I will only transfer your personal data to countries that the European Commission have approved as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data by; or
– If I use US-based providers that are part of EU-US Privacy Shield, we may transfer data to them, as they have equivalent safeguards in place.
If none of the above safeguards is available, I may request your explicit consent to the specific transfer. You will have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
I only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires me to keep basic information about my customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and insure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
I try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. I do not control these third-party websites and am not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, I encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.